Predictive UX is hiring an Ontologist/Data Modeler!
FULL-TIME, CONTRACT, REMOTE
Are you excited by the prospect of creating knowledge graphs and linked metadata schemes? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open new opportunities and new possibilities to create value. As a Ontologist/Data Modeler, you can uncover patterns in massive datasets and turn complex data schemas and hierarchies into world-class, intuitive, and comprehensive taxonomies and ontologies.
This role will put you in a position to work directly with our Data Practice Lead to contribute to our Data Practice. The person in this role has experience in delivery and consulting, who knows Agile frameworks and methodologies, but who are also able to adapt. You will be responsible for developing comprehensive data models, taxonomies and ontologies. You will be working with data engineers, product teams, data scientists, and other business stakeholders to deliver models, taxonomies and ontologies. This person will also be closely involved with AI/ML and automation projects. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of data models and ontologies, what it all means, and how they can use them.
- Developing and implementing ontologies and data models focused on data management, search, product management, machine learning, and other enterprise initiatives
- Defining clear and actionable problem statements to help teams deliver results while displaying a comprehensive understanding of ontologies and optimized data models
- Delivering value by creating reusable, extensible and resilient capabilities and proactively identify opportunities when key metrics are not performing
- Advocating the value of using industry standards, applications, and open source data sets
- Analyzing and implementing knowledge organization strategies using tools capable of machine learning and semantic enrichment
- Working quickly and accurately with a high level of professionalism, organization and collaboration
- Working individually and as part of an engagement team
- Working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Clearly documenting processes, procedures, and workflows
- Ensure documentation is maintained and organized appropriately for each project
- Acting as contributing team member in meetings
- Educational experience in information science, computer science, engineering, library science, ontology, semantics or computational linguistics
- Experience in a metadata field of work (ontology, taxonomy, semantics or computational linguistics)
- Understanding of the development of ontologies and the use of controlled vocabularies in enhancing the discovery of management of enterprise data
- Familiarity with graph databases and technologies
- Familiarity with Agile principles, processes, and methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent data gathering, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work remotely
- Experience or training in using W3C standards including linked and canonical data and ontologies ( JSON, XML, RDF, RDFS, OWL, and SKOS)
- Experience or training in ontology and linked data tools (Protégé, TopQuadrant, PoolParty, Stardog, AnzoGraph, Neptune, or Data.World)
- Experience or training with SQL or SPARQL
- Familiarity with Python or R
- Familiarity with JSON, OpenAPI/YAML, AVRO
What it's like to work at Predictive UX
As part of the PUX team you will have an opportunity to deliver great experiences alongside an engaged, smart, and highly collaborative team that functions on a solid sense of humor and what it means to be human in an ever-changing digital world.
We spend our days building game changing applications for our clients that move the needle on their business - and ours - and spend the moments in between swapping what we’re learning, sharing videos and memes, going on virtual adventures together.
If interested, please email us your resume. If we feel you are a fit for the project, we will reach out to schedule an interview.
Position Type: Contractor Position
Background Check: Applicants selected will be subject to a background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.