Predictive UX is hiring a Data Engineer!
FULL-TIME, CONTRACT, REMOTE
Are you excited at the prospect of connecting large datasets? Are you fascinated by the applications of graph databases and making sense of integrating large databases? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open new opportunities. As a data engineer, you can turn these challenges into opportunities for our clients.
This role will put you in a position to work directly with our Data Practice Lead to contribute to our Data Practice. The person in this role has experience in delivery and consulting, knows Agile frameworks and methodologies, but is also able to adapt. You will be responsible for using the clients data assets to strategically support and fulfill our clients objectives. Together with the rest of the data team, you will serve a pivotal role in the integration and maintenance of all data related to fulfilling the project deliverables.
- Working closely with our clients to understand their data questions, challenges and needs
- Digging into their data-rich environment to find the pieces to build data solutions
- Understanding the clients business rules as they relate to various data sets and workflows
- Fulfilling data requests, performing data extracts and uploads and reviewing team members’ work
- Working quickly and accurately with a high level of professionalism, organization and collaboration
- Working individually and as part of an engagement team
- Clearly documenting processes, procedures, and workflows
- Ensure documentation is maintained and organized appropriately for each project
- Acting as contributing team member in meetings
- 2+ years of experience working in Data Engineering or related roles in building and maintaining databases
- 1+ years experience designing, optimizing, and maintaining relational, non-relational databases and/or graph, such as MySQL, SQL Server, Mongo, Cassandra, neo4j or equivalent
- Experience developing specifications for the most efficient database solutions
- Experience writing and maintaining documentation on workflows, processes and integrations
- Experience extracting, transforming, and loading data (ETL) from a variety of different sources into other databases, including understanding data types and ensuring consistency of data across data sets
- Experience building data pipelines
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work remotely
- Experience with graph databases
- Bachelor's degree in CS, Computer Engineering, or Systems Engineering
What it's like to work at Predictive UX
As part of the PUX team you will have an opportunity to deliver great experiences alongside an engaged, smart, and highly collaborative team that functions on a solid sense of humor and what it means to be human in an ever-changing digital world.
We spend our days building game changing applications for our clients that move the needle on their business - and ours - and spend the moments in between swapping what we’re learning, sharing videos and memes, going on virtual adventures together.
If interested, please email us your resume. If we feel you are a fit for the project, we will reach out to schedule an interview.
Position Type: Contractor Position
Background Check: Applicants selected will be subject to a background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.